THE BUYING GUIDE: What You Should Know About Air Purifiers

01/09/2016 11:55

Those of you who suffer from breathing problems such as asthma and allergies, would really know the importance of indoor air quality. This is because, without clean air your  home is not a safe haven that you need anymore. The same can be said for those who are healthy as well.

Why such stress over air quality?

Pollutants sneak into every nook and corner of your house. This is nothing new. The good news is that, 80% of these pollutants are just dead skin. However, the remaining 20% can be really harmful: chemicals, bacteria, residues from secondhand smoke, radon, products from aerosols, the list goes on. It is therefore advised to get rid of these harmful substances with the help of an air purifier.


will an air purifier help with dust?

Buying the right air purifier for your home should not be a difficult task, but it is essential that you make sure that you get exactly what fits your home and needs. Buying the first one you see on the shelf is not a smart way to achieve your goals. Depending on the size of your home and the number of rooms that you are trying to cater to, you need to zero in on the right system for your family.

Here are some tips to help you find the right system:

1. Make sure that you get the right air purifier for your personal needs. If you are a patient of asthma or seasonal allergies, you should buy a device with a HEPA filter. This will help you to cleanse air from all types of pollen or dust particles.

2. Do you like your devices when they’re quiet? Some air purifiers tend to be loud during their operation. So, if you want to install a unit in your master bedroom, be sure to talk to the customer executive or go through a few reviews before you buy a purifier. This can save you loads of headaches.

3. What kind of features are you looking for? Are you on a tight budget? Some air purifiers come with a lot of bells and whistles - remote controls, programmable timers, automatic powering and air quality sensors. Most of us will never have to really use these options. So again, if you’re on a budget, opt for only what you would need.

Finally, it is important that you consult with an expert in air quality control systems in your area at least once, and request a demo if need be, just to be sure.


Click here to read useful article about air puifier